Tuesday, November 01, 2022

November 1 = Life of Christ #217 (John 16:5-15) Jesus teaches about the Holy Spirit

Jesus teaches about the Holy Spirit
John 16:5-15

The Counselor’s Ministry

5“But now I am going away to Him who sent Me, and not one of you asks Me, ‘Where are You going?’ 6Yet, because I have spoken these things to you, sorrow has filled your heart. 7Nevertheless, I am telling you the truth. It is for your benefit that I go away, because if I don’t go away the Counselor will not come to you. If I go, I will send Him to you. 8When He comes, He will convict the world about sin, righteousness, and judgment: 9about sin, because they do not believe in Me; 10about righteousness, because I am going to the Father and you will no longer see Me; 11and about judgment, because the ruler of this world has been judged.

12“I still have many things to tell you, but you can’t bear them now. 13When the Spirit of truth comes, He will guide you into all the truth. For He will not speak on His own, but He will speak whatever He hears. He will also declare to you what is to come. 14He will glorify Me, because He will take from what is Mine and declare it to you. 15Everything the Father has is Mine. This is why I told you that He takes from what is Mine and will declare it to you.[1]


[1] Knight, G. W. (2001). A simplified harmony of the Gospels (pp. 216–217). Holman Bible Publishers.


Intro Questions

Text Graphic
  • God is ... What do we learn about God in this passage?
  • We are ... What do we learn about people in this passage?

  • I will ... What has the Holy Spirit revealed to us in this passage? How can I apply it to my life this week?

  • You can ... Who do you know who needs to hear this? Feel free to share with others by social media links at the bottom of this.











No comments: