Wednesday, October 26, 2022

October 26 = Life of Christ #213 (John 14:1-14) Jesus Is The Way to The Father

Jesus Is The Way to The Father
John 14:1-14

Jesus’ Farewell to His Disciples

John 14:1–14

14:1Your heart must not be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in Me. 2In My Father’s house are many dwelling places; if not, I would have told you. I am going away to prepare a place for you. 3If I go away and prepare a place for you, I will come back and receive you to Myself, so that where I am you may be also. 4You know the way where I am going.”

5“Lord,” Thomas said, “we don’t know where You’re going. How can we know the way?”

6Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. 7If you know Me, you will also know My Father. From now on you do know Him and have seen Him.”

8“Lord,” said Philip, “show us the Father, and that’s enough for us.”

9Jesus said to him, “Have I been among you all this time without you knowing Me, Philip? The one who has seen Me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? 10Don’t you believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in Me? The words I speak to you I do not speak on My own. The Father who lives in Me does His works. 11Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father is in Me. Otherwise, believe because of the works themselves.

12“I assure you: The one who believes in Me will also do the works that I do. And he will do even greater works than these, because I am going to the Father. 13Whatever you ask in My name, I will do it, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14If you ask Me anything in My name, I will do it.[1]


[1] Knight, G. W. (2001). A simplified harmony of the Gospels (pp. 213–214). Holman Bible Publishers.






Intro Questions

Text Graphic
  • God is ... What do we learn about God in this passage?
  • We are ... What do we learn about people in this passage?

  • I will ... What has the Holy Spirit revealed to us in this passage? How can I apply it to my life this week?

  • You can ... Who do you know who needs to hear this? Feel free to share with others by social media links at the bottom of this.

#IAm:InHisOwnWords

https://youtu.be/EQAYH87UwRs



https://www.youtube.com/c/edmondchurchofchrist

Other Resources:
Finding Peace in a Troubled World - John 14









No comments: