Thursday, October 27, 2022

October 27 = Life of Christ #214 (John 14:15-31) Jesus Promises the Holy Spirit

Jesus Promises the Holy Spirit
John 14:15-31

Another Counselor Promised

15“If you love Me, you will keep My commandments; 16and I also will ask the Father, and He will give you another Counselor to be with you forever. 17He is the Spirit of truth, whom the world is unable to receive because it doesn’t see Him or know Him. But you do know Him, because He remains with you and will be in you. 18I will not leave you as orphans; I am coming to you.

19“In a little while the world will see Me no longer, but you will see Me. Because I live, you will live too. 20In that day you will know that I am in My Father, you are in Me, and I am in you. 21The one who has My commandments and keeps them is the one who loves Me. And the one who loves Me will be loved by My Father. I also will love him and will reveal Myself to him.”

22Judas (not Iscariot) said to Him, “Lord, how is it You’re going to reveal Yourself to us and not to the world?”

23Jesus answered, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word. My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him. 24The one who doesn’t love Me will not keep My words. The word that you hear is not Mine, but is from the Father who sent Me.

25“I have spoken these things to you while I remain with you. 26But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, will teach you all things and remind you of everything I have told you.

27Peace I leave with you. My peace I give to you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Your heart must not be troubled or fearful. 28You have heard Me tell you, ‘I am going away and I am coming to you.’ If you loved Me, you would have rejoiced that I am going to the Father, because the Father is greater than I. 29I have told you now before it happens, so that when it does happen you may believe. 30I will not talk with you much longer, because the ruler of the world is coming. He has no power over Me. 31aOn the contrary, I am going away so that the world may know that I love the Father. Just as the Father commanded Me, so I do.

31b“Get up; let’s leave this place.[1]


[1] Knight, G. W. (2001). A simplified harmony of the Gospels (pp. 214–215). Holman Bible Publishers. 





Intro Questions

Text Graphic
  • God is ... What do we learn about God in this passage?
  • We are ... What do we learn about people in this passage?

  • I will ... What has the Holy Spirit revealed to us in this passage? How can I apply it to my life this week?

  • You can ... Who do you know who needs to hear this? Feel free to share with others by social media links at the bottom of this.








No comments: