Friday, November 11, 2022

November 11 = Life of Christ #225 (John 18:12-24) Annas questions Jesus

Annas questions Jesus
John 18:12-24

Hearing before Annas

John 18:12–14, 19–23

12Then the detachment of soldiers, the captain, and the Jewish temple police arrested Jesus and tied Him up. 13First they led Him to Annas, for he was the father-in-law of Caiaphas, who was high priest that year. 14Caiaphas was the one who had advised the Jews that it was advantageous that one man should die for the people.… 19The high priest questioned Jesus about His disciples and about His teaching.

20“I have spoken openly to the world,” Jesus answered him. “I have always taught in the synagogue and in the temple complex, where all the Jews congregate, and I haven’t spoken anything in secret. 21Why do you question Me? Question those who heard what I told them. Look, they know what I said.”

22When He had said these things, one of the temple police standing by slapped Jesus, saying, “Is this the way you answer the high priest?”

23“If I have spoken wrongly,” Jesus answered him, “give evidence about the wrong; but if rightly, why do you hit Me?[1]


[1] Knight, G. W. (2001). A simplified harmony of the Gospels (p. 224). Holman Bible Publishers.


Intro Questions

Text Graphic
  • God is ... What do we learn about God in this passage?
  • We are ... What do we learn about people in this passage?

  • I will ... What has the Holy Spirit revealed to us in this passage? How can I apply it to my life this week?

  • You can ... Who do you know who needs to hear this? Feel free to share with others by social media links at the bottom of this.











No comments: