Thursday, June 02, 2022

June 2 = Life of Christ #109 Peter Says Jesus is The Messiah (Matthew 16:13-20; Mark 8:27-30; Luke 9:18-20)

#Who Is Jesus?
Who Do You Say I Am?

Matthew 16:13-20
Mark 8:27-30
Luke 9:18-20
Caesarea Philippi

If we polled two good friends from your early teen years, what adjective would they use to describe you?
If you could "gain the world," where would you place your summer and winter castles?



  • God is ... What do we learn about God in this passage?
  • We are ... What do we learn about people in this passage?
  •  Why did people think that Jesus was John the Baptist, Elijah or Jeremiah?
  • What was significant about Peter's confession?
  • How do you interpret the insight (v. 17), power (v. 18), and authority (v. 19) given to Peter? What are the "keys" of the Kingdom? What do they "bind" and "loose"?
  • Why does Jesus change the direction of his teaching now?
  • What kind of Messiah was Peter expecting? Why was Jesus' response to Peter so strong?
  • What activities and attitudes are the heart of Christian discipleship? How does a Christian forfeit his life? What might tempt people to lose their life or exchange their soul?
  • I will ... What has the Holy Spirit revealed to us in this passage? How will I apply it to my life this today?
  •  When and how did you come to recognize Jesus as your Messiah?
  • In what area does Matthew 16:24 strike home to you now?
  • How does Mattew 16:26 influence the way you make priorities?
  • You can ... Who do you know who needs to hear this? Feel free to share with others by social media links at the bottom of this.


  • https://youtu.be/DElT-ZjwjoU




    That's My King Dr. S.M. Lockridge - [OFFICIAL]


    https://youtu.be/kOQClgNRoPc





    DBS

    Series Questions Jesus Asked

    Title: Who Do You Say I Am?

    Bookmark: Click Here

    Opening Thoughts:

    v  “Ask A Librarian”

     

    Text: Matthew 16:13-20

     

    Peter Declares That Jesus Is the Messiah

    13 When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, “Who do people say the Son of Man is?

    14 They replied, “Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, Jeremiah or one of the prophets.”

    15 “But what about you?” he asked. “Who do you say I am?”

    16 Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.”

    17 Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by my Father in heaven. 18 And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it. 19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.” 20 Then he ordered his disciples not to tell anyone that he was the Messiah.

     

     

    Summarize main story: Describe the events of the story in your own words.

    ·          Review and retell the story.

    Reflections for applications:

    v  What is identity?

    o   Identity is the definition of self that one accepts.

    §  Mistaken identity leads to misguided actions.

    v  Who is Jesus?

    o   Options: Liar, Lunatic, or Lord

    o   John 20:31 But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.

    o   Everyone has to choose.

    o   Who is the Son of Man? What do YOU say?

    o   Jesus was not suggesting you get to decide who he is.

    o   Knowing who Jesus is changes everything, including who we are.

    Digging Questions:

    ·         How will you respond to this question Jesus asked?

    ·         What do these biblical texts tell you about God and His nature?

    ·         What is God calling us to do?

    Take Away Challenges

    ·         What has the Holy Spirit revealed to you in this passage? How will you apply it to your life this week?

    ·         Whom do you know who needs to hear this?

    ·         What is God bringing to your attention in this discussion? What beliefs, thoughts or actions need to be addressed or changed?

    Hash tags #Identity #Jesus

    Sunday sermon link               https://youtu.be/DElT-ZjwjoU

    Kevin’s Blog Link to more resources:            Click here for Kevin’s Blog Notes

     

    Comments and resources with some more details:

    https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+16%3A13-20&version=NIV

     


    ----------------


    Christ through the Bible

    In the book of ... He is...

    #Genesis The Woman's Seed
    #Exodus The Passover Lamb
    #Leviticus The atoning Sacrifice
    #Numbers The bronze Serpent
    #Deuteronomy The promised Prophet
    #Joshua The unseen Captain
    #Judges My Deliverer
    #Ruth My heavenly Kinsman
    #Samuel, Kings Chronicles The promised King
    #Ezra and Nehemiah The Restorer of the nations
    #Esther My Advocate
    #Job My Redeemer
    #Psalms My All in All
    #Proverbs My Pattern
    #Ecclesiastes My Goal
    #Song of Solomon My Beloved
    #The Prophets The coming Prince of Peace
    #Matthew Christ the King
    #Mark Christ the Servant
    #Luke Christ the Son of Man
    #John Christ the Son of God
    #Acts Risen, seated, and sending
    #The Epistles Indwelling and filling
    #Revelation Reigning in Heaven




    ==================
    ~He Is God~ 

    He is the First and Last,
    The Beginning and the End!

    He is the keeper of Creation and the Creator of all!
    He is the Architect of the universe and the Manager of all times.
    He always was, He always is, and He always will be ...
    unmoved, Unchanged, Undefeated, and never Undone!

    He was bruised and brought healing!
    He was pierced and eased pain!
    He was persecuted and brought freedom!
    He was dead and brought life!
    He is risen and brings power!
    He reigns and brings Peace!
    The world can't understand him,
    The armies can't defeat Him,
    The schools can't explain Him, and The leaders can't ignore Him.
    Herod couldn't kill Him, The Pharisees couldn't confuse Him,  and The people couldn't hold Him!
    Nero couldn't crush Him, Hitler couldn't silence Him,
    The New Age can't replace Him, and "Oprah" can't explain Him away!

    He is light, love, longevity, and Lord.
    He is goodness, Kindness, Gentleness, and God.
    He is Holy, Righteous, mighty, powerful, and pure.

    His ways are right,
    His word is eternal,
    His will is unchanging, and His mind is on me.
    He is my Savior,
    He is my guide, and He is my peace!
    He is my Joy,
    He is my comfort,
    He is my Lord, and He rules my life!

    I serve Him because His bond is love,
    His burden is light, and His goal for me is abundant life.

    I follow Him because He is the wisdom of the wise,
    the power of the powerful,
    the ancient of days, the ruler of rulers, the leader of leaders, the overseer of the overcomers, and is to come. And if that seems impressive to you, try this for size.

    His goal is a relationship with ME!
    He will never leave me,
    never forsake me,
    never mislead me,
    never forget me,
    never overlook me and
    never cancel my appointment in His appointment book!

    When I fall, He lifts me up!
    When I fail, He forgives!
    When I am weak, He is strong!
    When I am lost, He is the way!
    When I am afraid, He is my courage!
    When I stumble, He steadies me!
    When I am hurt, He heals me!
    When I am broken, He mends me!
    When I am blind, He leads me!
    When I am hungry, He feeds me!
    When I face trials, He is with me!
    When I face persecution, He shields me!
    When I face problems, He comforts me!
    When I face loss, He provides for me!
    When I face Death, He carries me Home!

    He is everything for everybody everywhere, every time, and every way.

    He is God, He is faithful. I am His, and He is mine!

    My Father in heaven can whip the father of this world.
    So, if you're wondering why I feel so secure, understand this...

    He said it and that settles it.
    God is in control, I am on His side,
    and that means all is well with my soul.

    Everyday is a blessing for GOD Is!

    No comments: